The VP People Operations is a critical role and oversees all aspects of expanding and developing our world-class team and creating a diverse, dynamic, and supportive work environment for our people as the company continues to grow. In this role you will be responsible for defining, planning and leading the execution of an impactful people program globally.
Working alongside the COO, you will build a global infrastructure, policies and processes to ensure all people related activities are executed smoothly throughout the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding right through to offboarding and beyond in support of the Company’s ongoing global expansion strategy. You will be leading a small but impactful global team composed of People Operations specialists with a commitment to building out the next steps on top of the foundations we already have in place. As a member of the global management team, you will also be at a level where you can provide clear and actionable advice and strategic influence across a spectrum of global cross-functional initiatives positioned as a People Operations specialist to advise on any matters pertaining to, influencing or influenced by our most important asset; our people.
You will be an important player in helping us create a world-class culture and community, where talent strives to work and is empowered to hit their potential.
- Build on functional infrastructure, policies and processes to ensure all people related activities are executed smoothly throughout the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding right through to offboarding and beyond.
- Lead the People Operations team to ensure quality recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement and development striving for global & functional consistency on philosophies and programs, adapted to reflect local and regional laws, cultures and best practices.
- Enhancing a culture of feedback, maximising our performance review cycle and improving career development so that everybody always gets the feedback and opportunities they need to progress.
- Driving the employer value proposition and branding to win and retain the best candidates in a competitive market
- Serve as an advisor to the global executive team and as a coach and mentor to the People Operations team on people matters in a legally compliant and professional way in the appropriate entity according to local labour laws.
- Bring coaching expertise to support management teams in their day to day people activities as well as from a leadership development perspective.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets globally.
- Be an advocate for engagement by enabling effective ways of working, communication loops and actions that ensure cohesion across teams functionally, regionally and the company as a whole.
- Manage, develop and coach a high-performing team of People Operations Specialists, and oversee and provide high-level direction to vendors and consultants where necessary.
- Manage the people team budget and other financial measures of the department.
- Ensure that the COO and other members of the executive team are kept up to date on regional people initiatives, major issues and/or concerns.
- 8+ years experience in fast-paced international SaaS organisations working across performance management, compensation, benefits, employee relations and recruitment, with strategic thinking as well as plenty of doing in each area.
- Experience with distributed/remote working models, we’re a hybrid company with many teams working remotely.
- Managing a busy international team - you’ll be covering the US, Europe & APAC.
- Fluent verbal/written communication skills in English.
Ideally you would have:
- Hands-on experience with rapidly growing teams at scale.
- You are passionate about performance, feedback and growth.
- You are quantitative in nature and love constantly testing and iterating on processes.
- Direct successes developing and growing an impactful employer brand.
- Skills in developing and running effective coaching sessions, workshops, training courses and programmes, with a particular focus on soft skills, management training and leadership development.
- Empathy and the ability to coach, working closely with managers, group leaders and C-suite, you will help them lead and optimise their teams.
- The ability to work well with others in a small, close-knit team and also work with and look after people in other locations, collaboration is key.
- Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise tasks using on own initiative, working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to say “no” when necessary and to articulate very clearly why.
- Familiarity with local labor laws.